Expand Navigation
Address: 700 N. Devilliers, Pensacola, FL 32501 - Phone: (850) 696-7656 - info@pars-co.net - License #: CGC1512307

Category Archives: Community

Medal of Honor Memorial Hurlburt Field

Posted on by ParsCo Construction

ParsCo is building a memorial at Hurlburt Field in Florida to honor those few that have been awarded the Medal of Honor. More details soon.

Tech Sgt John Chapman

HURLBURT FIELD, Fla. (AFNS) — The White House announced July 27, 2018, that Air Force Tech. Sgt. John Chapman will be posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his extraordinary heroism during the Battle of Takur Ghar, Afghanistan, in March 2002.

According to the Medal of Honor nomination, Chapman distinguished himself on the battlefield through “conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity,” sacrificing his life to preserve those of his teammates. …Read More Here

The Medal of Honor is the nation’s most prestigious military decoration.

It is awarded by the president, in the name of Congress, to military members who have distinguished themselves conspicuously by gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of life, above and beyond the call of duty, while engaged in action with an enemy of the United States.

Chapman will be the 19th Airman awarded the Medal of Honor since the Department of the Air Force was established in 1947. He will be the first Airman recognized with the medal for heroic actions occurring after the Vietnam War.

The video of The video of Medal of Honor nominee Tech. Sgt Chapman’s heroic last stand is now online at AirForceTimes.com

Medal of Honor 24 SOW Hurlburt

Leave a comment

Villegas Medical Surgery Center

ParsCo is renovating the Villegas Medical Surgery Center in Pensacola Florida.

Dr. Leo Villegas is a board certified surgeon who trained at Harvard Medical School and completed a two-year hepatobiliary and surgical oncology fellowship at Duke University. He specializes in the advanced surgical treatment of liver, pancreatic and gastrointestinal tumors. Based in Pensacola,he provides multidisciplinary care for patients who previously would have had to travel outside the area for care.

Dr. Villegas conducted research at Duke in laparoscopy and the use of robotics to minimize invasive surgery. He uses his specialized training in laparoscopic surgery to perform the least invasive procedure possible. Laparoscopic surgical treatment is an alternative to radiation and has been found to enhance quality of life and minimize recovery time.

We are proud to provide an updated Surgery Center for Dr. Villegas.

Leave a comment

Signage

The Garden District Cottages signage has been created and will be installed shortly!  Thank you to Digital Now sign shop.

Conveniently located in the highly desirable Westside Garden District of Pensacola, these cottages provides homeowners flexibility to take a short walk or bike ride to downtowns best shopping and entertainment on Palafox Street (named one of the Greatest Streets in 2013 by the APA), the Maritime Park Waterfront, Blue Wahoos baseball games and Historic Belmont-De Villiers.

Easy access to Hwy I-110 and Hwy 98 for those that commute to Navy Federal, Gulf  Breeze, and the Naval Air Station.
Digital Now Pensacola Florida

Leave a comment

On The Job Site: Heat Stress Prevention

Heat Stress Prevention

Blair Chapman, Pensacola FL

There are a variety of steps crews can take before heat-related illness strikes on a job site, including:

1. Acclimate slowly: It generally takes five days of working at least 1½ hours per day for the body to become acclimated. Check weather forecasts for heat wave information.

2. Dress for summer. Lightweight, light-colored clothing reflects heat and sunlight and helps your body maintain normal temperatures. Long sleeves and pants are still necessary to protect your body from flying debris and other safety hazards.

3. Wear a hat or sun visor.

4. Eat small meals and salty snacks throughout the day.

5. Drink plenty of water or other non-alcoholic, non-caffeinated fluids. Your body needs fluids to keep cool, and you should drink them even if you don’t feel thirsty. Drink one pint of water every 15 to 20 minutes in extreme heat. Urine should be clear. If it’s dark, you are probably dehydrated.

6. Do not take salt tablets unless specified by a physician.

7. Take frequent breaks in shaded or air-conditioned areas.

8. Use the buddy system to keep an eye on your co-workers.

9. Some medications can make you more susceptible to heat illnesses. Check with your doctor or pharmacist to find out if any medicine you are taking could affect you while working in the heat.

10. Do the heaviest work during the coolest part of the day. This is usually between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m.

Additional Reading:
https://www.osha.gov/dts/osta/otm/otm_iii/otm_iii_4.html

Leave a comment

Cottage Charm in Historic Seville

Treasures of Pensacola’s Historic District
by Sharon Duplantis
pensacolatreasures.com/

Purchase on Amazon:

Recently discovered artifacts in Pensacola, Florida, have unearthed the first Spanish colony, founded by Don Tristan de Luna in 1559. Since then, hurricanes, repeated conquests-by the French, British, and Spanish-fires, and civil war have shaped a struggling, adaptive settlement in the heart of what is now known as the Pensacola Historic District. Most of the homes still standing in the district were built between the early and late 19th century by people of diverse culture and circumstances.

This collection of photographs explores that diversity – from the grand homes surrounding Seville Square to the tiny Creole cottages and shotgun houses adorned with charming Victorian millwork. Striking photographs capture the dignity and beauty of these historic homes, offering an appreciation of this unique, intriguing era. Through these pages, you can envision those who lived here and what happened on these streets and in those houses over 100 years ago .

Leave a comment

Bailey Ray Jackson MMA

ParsCo Construction is a proud sponsor of MMA fighter; Bailey Ray-Jackson of D’Iberville, Mississippi.

Bailey will be competing in the Gulf Coast Mixed Martial Arts match at the Biloxi Community Center May 12th, 2018 in Biloxi MS. Tickets pricing is as follows:

Front Row Tables $500/10 Seats To A Table
Second Row Tables $400/10 Seats To A Table
General Admission $25 Each

You can reach Bailey for ticket information by visiting the Bailey Ray-Jackson fan page

“My first love ever was basketball, and I had major plans to play for LSU and go from there. Well, I up’ed and moved to MS, and my first year of college, I was VERY out of shape and started to go to a boxing gym to help lose some weight. The weight started shredding off and I started falling in love with the art of striking.

One day, I left my boxing class early and went to do a Kickboxing class at Alan Belcher MMA Club, and I never went back to the boxing gym. ABMMA welcomed me with open arms and is now my family!

I’m striving to be a better person and a person that young girls and women can look up to, and can say “If Bailey can follow and pursue her dreams, then I can.”

I also want people to know that, not knowing your next move, and putting it into God’s hands, was the BEST decision I have ever made.

Be strong, Be bold, and Be courageous! The rest will fall into place, as it should.”

Leave a comment

EntreCon 2017

EntreCon 2017 was a testament to the power of learning and sharing in person in the Pensacola business community.

Thank you to the Studer Community Institute for organizing this conference and inviting our very own CEO Amir Fooladi of ParsCo to be a keynote speaker.

“Be the change you wish to see in the world”

“Never look down on someone, unless you are helping them up”

Register to be a volunteer and/or sign up for email updates at the Studer Community Institute.

Amir Fooladi 2017

Entrecon Pensacola 2017

Leave a comment

All Rights Reserved © 2024. Site Designed By: CYber SYtes, Inc. Orchestrating the Web.